Today’s guest is Mary Tindall. Mary launched Mary Tindall Communications in 2018. She is a content marketer and thought leadership strategist in Orlando, Florida. Mary leads a boutique agency team that specializes in healthcare content marketing, working with leading institutions and innovative startups across the U.S.
Mary became a six-figure freelancer in 2020, which was a goal of hers. Then she grew even more and began to earn $200K in gross revenue on her own. As revenue continued to grow, she hired subcontractors to help with the workload and built a small agency model.
In this episode, Mary talks about:
- The key lessons that led her to earning $200K
- Her work and family structure
- How many hours she works
- Playing the comparison game
- Why getting confident as an expert on a sales call is so important
- The importance of following your energy—not mimicking someone else’s schedule
- Freelancers who are overly flexible or overly rigid
- What she struggles with
- What her daily and weekly schedule looks like
- How she thinks through pricing projects (Hint: Get on the phone and get super clear on the scope of work)
- Figuring out her ideal client—what clients make your blood pressure rise versus the ones you love working with
- How she finds clients, particularly on LinkedIn
Biz Bite: Otter.ai transcription services
Mary Tindal’s program Break Into B2B is a mentorship course for aspiring B2B health care writers. A new cohort will relaunch later this year. Join the waitlist by visiting her LinkedIn profile.
Join the Deliberate Freelancer Facebook group.
Support Deliberate Freelancer at Buy Me a Coffee.