On today’s show, I discuss how I found myself in the dreaded “famine” part of the feast-or-famine cycle and what I’m trying to do about it.
Here’s what I share with you in this episode:
- A few tips when you’re in the “feast” phase.
- How to tell clients no — and turn down work when you’re too busy.
- My three-pronged approach to get out of the famine stage.
- The importance of figuring out where your potential clients are and getting involved in that space.
- The upcoming Content Marketing World, which will be outside Cleveland, Ohio, for the first time. It will be held in Washington, DC, September 27-28, 2023.
- The importance of my Always Be Marketing rule.
- Asking yourself big picture questions surrounding “how did I get stuck in this famine stage?”
Biz Bite: Use the two-minute rule to get things done
The Bookshelf: “Nora Goes off Script” by Annabel Monaghan
- Join the Deliberate Freelancer Facebook group.
- Support Deliberate Freelancer at Buy Me a Coffee.
- Episode #158 of Deliberate Freelancer: My Four Client Wins and One Fail in Q1
- Content Marketing World, Washington, DC, September 27-28, 2023