Today’s guest is Cassandra Le, owner of The Quirky Pineapple Studio, a brand strategy and content marketing studio that works with Black, Indigenous and people of color, queer folks and intersectional feminists.
Cassandra is originally from Virginia in the United States, but she now lives in Spain. For more than 13 years, she has been creating content across all mediums (written, graphics, audio, video, photography), and through her business. She works with mission-driven brands and thought leaders around the world in English and Spanish — helping them share their story, connect with their community, and drive brand awareness with content marketing that is enjoyable and anti-oppressive.
Cassandra believes believe business and marketing can be fun AND be used as tools to dismantle systems of oppression.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Cassandra’s studio, The Quirky Pineapple Studio, got its name.
- How she went from freelance travel writing to running her agency.
- Why content marketing is important, even to those who traditionally are able to rely heavily on referrals.
- Cassandra recommends that you start your content marketing strategy with a “cornerstone” piece of content.
- Why you should plan your life before you plan your content.
- Some of the current content marketing trends.
- How to get started on TikTok (and do you need to?).
- Why you should use LinkedIn more.
- How content marketing has changed and why it’s now a long-term game.
- How Cassandra builds an inclusive content marketing strategy through cultural competency and why that’s important to her.
- The new app for Gen Z: BeReal.
Biz Bites: Put phone on “do not disturb” mode. And, “group tabs” on Google Chrome.
- The Quirky Pineapple Studio website
- The Quirky Pineapple Studio on Instagram
- Cassandra on Instagram
- I’m lost, so what? podcast
- How to group tabs on Google Chrome
- NPR article: BeReal is Gen Z’s new favorite social media app. Here’s how it works
- Support Deliberate Freelancer at Buy Me a Coffee
- Connect with Melanie on Threads @MelEdits_DC
- Connect with Melanie on LinkedIn
- Deliberate Freelancer Facebook group