On today’s show, I analyze how the second quarter of the year went for me. It’s delayed because of my summer hiatus, but the “delay” doesn’t really mean anything to listeners — just think of it as “how these three months in a row went.” Learn how many clients I had, how much I earned, and how many hours I worked.
Here’s what I share with you in this episode:
- A quick update on a project I talked about in Q1.
- A sneak peek into something I figured out for my health in Q3.
- What was a huge mental health game-changer for me in Q2.
- How many clients I had and how much money I earned in Q2.
- Why cash flow is critical (hint: an issue with a significantly delayed payment).
- How many hours I worked per week on average in Q2 — and how that compares to past quarters.
- Two examples of how time tracking was helpful in Q2.
Biz Bite: Use templates for everything.
The Bookshelf: “Reef Road” by Deborah Goodrich Royce.
- Support Deliberate Freelancer at Buy Me a Coffee
- Melanie’s other podcast, Association Station
- Episode #158 of Deliberate Freelancer: My Four Client Wins and One Fail in Q1
- Episode #160 of Deliberate Freelancer: The Dreaded Feast or Famine!
- How I Work podcast (September 20, 2023): Katy Milkman wants to leave things better than she found them
- Connect with Melanie on Threads @MelEdits_DC
- Connect with Melanie on LinkedIn
- Deliberate Freelancer Facebook group