Today’s guest is Brian David Hall. Brian is a fellow freelancer who lives in Alabama. He focuses on website strategy for B2B clients. Specifically, he works on conversion optimization, which basically means trying to improve the experience of potential clients going to your website.
Brian is the author “Your Website Sucks, Here’s How To Fix It,” and he has run hundreds of experiments across dozens of websites, which has generated millions of dollars in incremental revenue for his clients.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How having a website can bring in clients.
- Why a blog can be helpful to attract clients.
- Common website mistakes and how to fix them.
- It’s time to improve my website — where do I start?
- How to use a five-second test to evaluate the usability of your site.
- Go through your site on mobile like a client would to make sure it’s easy to navigate.
- How to do a heat map analysis.
- How “hallway usability” testing can be helpful.
Biz Bite: Work with other people in a co-working session online.
- Free resources from Brian: https://briandavidhall.com/deliberate-freelancer
- Brian’s book: “Your Website Sucks, Here’s How To Fix It.”
- Website builders: Wix and Squarespace
- Support Deliberate Freelancer at Buy Me a Coffee.
- Connect with Melanie on Threads @MelEdits_DC
- Connect with Melanie on LinkedIn
- Deliberate Freelancer Facebook group