On today’s show I discuss how I think about freelance “dealbreakers,” which aren’t only the red flags I’ve noticed over time but also may simply be quirks of my personality or assumptions I’ve made.
Here’s what I share with you in this episode:
- Rethinking “strategy” and whether saying “I don’t do strategy” is holding me back.
- What I learned from Ed Gandia’s thoughts on strategy.
- Why I like to create “bridge” projects.
- How I’m rethinking some of my more stubborn dealbreakers.
- How some dealbreakers are in my head and only cause me to beat myself up for not sticking to them.
- How you can evaluate your dealbreakers and push yourself out of your comfort zone.
Biz Bite: Set a single goal for your day
The Bookshelf: “In Light of All Darkness: Inside the Polly Klaas Kidnapping and the Search for America’s Child” by Kim Cross