Listeners, I would love your help! Please contribute to an upcoming episode: Email me a voice memo of you describing a specific marketing tactic you did that landed you a client. Provide your name and helpful details of what you did that might have been unique or persistent that worked in securing new work. Email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a future episode that will include tips from other listeners.
On today’s show, I share five questions to help you wrap up your year to create a “fresh start” in January. I explain the difference between these five questions and larger questions to ask yourself later in a solo business retreat to set up your year for success.
The five questions are:
- What do I need to do now to line up work in January?
- What do I need to do to wrap up the year?
- Do I need to raise rates or fire anyone?
- Where do I need to improve my marketing and networking?
- How much money did I make this year?
Biz Bite: Front-load your week
The Bookshelf: “Wandering Souls” by Cecile Pin
- Support Deliberate Freelancer at Buy Me a Coffee
- Episode #149 of Deliberate Freelancer: Evaluate—and Expand or Fire—Your Clients for a Strong 2023
- Episode #123 of Deliberate Freelancer: My 2021 Business Review and Questions to Help You
- Episode #148 of Deliberate Freelancer: How to Line Up January Work Now
- Episode #3 of Deliberate Freelancer: Host a Solo Business Retreat
- Episode #162 of Deliberate Freelancer: My Solo Business Retreat Reminded Me to Always Be Marketing
- Episode #139 of Deliberate Freelancer: A Solo Biz Retreat After a Struggling Summer
- 16 of the best virtual gifts for clients and employees
- 25 fun corporate gifts for clients you want to impress
- Connect with Melanie on Threads @MelEdits_DC
- Connect with Melanie on LinkedIn
- Deliberate Freelancer Facebook group