On today’s show I am going to outline 10 micro habits that you can consider implementing in your life to improve your work-life clarity.
Building habits into my life helps me commit to work-life clarity. Micro habits are tiny, incremental things you can start to do that seem so incredibly easy that you might just continue to build them. And, if you find they are working for you in some way, they might grow into larger habits and eventually habits you don’t even think about.
Not all of the micro habits I’m recommending are directly related to your business. Your life and your business are intertwined. Plus, I think we should all be focusing on our health. So, some of these will be healthy micro habits, and some will be things that will lift your energy and put a smile on your face.
I’m not recommending you implement all 10 of these micro habits. It’s better if you start small and just try a few of them. Plus, some of these might not be relevant for your individual life or may not interest you. But I hope they will spark your own ideas of what micro habits you can try out.
1. Brush your teeth after dinner.
I first heard about this micro habit as a recommendation on the Happier podcast with Gretchen Rubin. The idea is if you brush your teeth after dinner, you will be less likely to eat again that evening.
2. Set an alarm for bedtime.
3. Listen to a podcast in the morning.
4. Take a lunch break—and do it without your phone.
5. Play with your pets.
6. Learn something new in five minutes a day.
7. Text one important person in your life each week.
8. Drink one glass of water in the morning.
9. Meditate for one minute each day.
10. At the end of your work day, take 5 minutes to write down how you felt about the day.
Biz Bite: Download Restaurant Apps
The Bookshelf: “Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones” by James Clear
Duolingo language app